Know How To Remove Skin Tags Yourself
Skin tags are unwanted masses that can appear anywhere on the body of a person. Skin tags if not diagnosed carefully can lead to malignant tumor. Skin tags may sometimes change in colour and shape. In that case, consulting a dermatologist is a must. Removing a skin tag may or may not lead more tags to grow. It totally depends on the nature of the skin type one has. Skin tags cannot be termed as a tumor. Skin tag-like bumps some times bleed, grow rapidly, or change colors which immediately should be sent for a biopsy. Any kind of skin problem would be dangerous if proper care is not taken.
Steps on how to remove skin tags yourself
Tea tree oil
Skin tags can be removed by using oil from tea tree. Melaleuca Alternifolia is an Australian plant from where the oil is extracted. Before applying the oil, the area where the skin tag occurred should be washed with soap cleanly and dried properly. Then soak a cotton ball in water and take few drops of the oil on it and apply it. The oil should be used at least 3 times carefully. The oil may not suit everyone, in that case consulting a doctor is the right decision.
Skin tag removal can be used by applying Wart Mole Vanish or Dermisil. The medicine is a mixture and is taken from 3 plants, namely Ricinus communis, Thuja occidentalis and Melaleuca alternifolia. Dermisil though is a natural medicine, the steps to use it should be followed correctly. After application of Dermisil one must wash their hands properly in order to avoid any kind of infections.
The most effective remedy to remove skin tags is to use Castor oil which should be mixed up with baking soda properly and then it should be applied gently. The paste should be mixed properly so that no solid mass remains.
Other Methods on how to remove skin tags yourself:
1. Cover the skin tags with fingernail polish. One should continue the process as long as it falls off. This is a painful process and risky too. This method may not suit in every case.
2. Remove a skin tag by tying a string at its base till the time it falls off. One should carefully tie the tag. Dental floss can also be used. Tying the string tightly may also be dangerous at times.
4. Another process to remove skin tags is to use a duct tape. Cover the area with a duct tape till it loosens off. One should continue doing it till the skin tag falls off. The usage of the tape should be correct in this case.
5. Vitamin E is very effective and can be used for skin tag removal. Take Vitamin E on a band-aid and tape it up on the skin tag. This process is not at all harmful and can extend for a couple of days. One suffering from a skin tag problem should firstly go for this step.
6. Compound freeze can also be used to remove skin tags. The steps are almost same as using Duct tape. The skin tag should be taped up correctly till it loosen ups.
7. Skin tags can be cut off. However the scissors, nail clippers or any other instrument which is used to remove the skin tag should be totally disinfected by washing it properly. One should use a good amount of alcohol to avoid infection. If the instruments are not cleaned properly it may lead to some dangerous consequences.
Above mentioned are various “how to remove skin tags yourself” methods. However it is always a prudent idea to consult a doctor before applying lotions and chemicals that shrink skin tags.
Are skin tags contagious?
No relevant substance has been found as of now which proves that skin tags are contagious. Skin tag cannot be transmitted from one person to another.
Freezing or cauterising are easier methods but costly.